Are you looking for a New Job or Looking for better opportunities?
We got a New Job Opening for
Full Details :
Company Name : CNA Insurance
Location : 333 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60604
Job Description : Senior Accountant – Statutory Reporting-FIN0001QF
This position reports to the Director and is part of the Statutory Reporting team, which has responsibility for the timely and accurate completion of all quarterly and annual Statutory financial statements and related filings, ensuring compliance with NAIC and other regulatory requirements. The team also has oversight of various intercompany accounting processes and is responsible for the development, analysis and distribution of key internal financial reports. The role provides opportunities to collaborate with a variety of teams across the organization and utilize new technologies, as we strive to continually enhance and improve processes. This role provides significant opportunities to enhance and develop insurance accounting and reporting skills.
The Statutory Reporting team is part of Corporate Financial Services, CNA’s corporate controller organization. The group leads CNA’s financial close process, driving efficient accounting and related analysis, along with meaningful internal and external reporting. The group’s responsibilities encompass property & casualty and life & group insurance, reinsurance and corporate accounting as well as technical advisory, financial control, services operations and SEC/GAAP and Statutory reporting.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, team-player that possesses a strong analytical mindset and a high degree of accountability for accurately reporting externally on CNA’s financial position and internally to deliver meaningful financial insights that shape the direction of the Company. This role requires strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the desire to innovate and improve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prepares the quarterly/annual statutory financial statements and supplemental schedules and exhibits in compliance with NAIC and other regulatory requirements.
2. Completes multiple state filing deliverables to ensure insurance licensure requirements are met.
3. Prepares analytical schedules, analyzes variances, and provides analytical support for internal requests.
4. Investigates financial results, understands and effectively communicates impact to management.
5. Participates in evaluating the impact of new disclosure guidance.
6. Performs benchmarking analysis against peer financial statements.
7. Leads process improvement initiatives that enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting, including furthering use of technology to streamline processes.
8. Works collaboratively within the team, across the department, and individuals external to CNA.
9. Liaisons with internal and external auditors and provides necessary support.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Basic knowledge of accounting and industry issues as they relate to the organization.
General knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems.
Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments and projects effectively.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with peers, business partners and other members of management.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
Typically three to five years of work experience in accounting/finance or reporting related role.
CPA or CPA eligible preferred.
Public accounting experience a plus.
Job Finance and Accounting
Primary LocationUnited States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization FIN – CFS
Job Posting Feb 23, 2022
Unposting Date Ongoing
This post is listed Under Accountant
Disclaimer : totaldigitalforum works to publish latest job info only and is no where responsible for any errors. Users must Research on their own before joining any company